The replacement home run cable pigtail is the INTERNAL part of a home run cable. If your plug is damaged where it mounts to the indicator, this is the part you need to replace.
This pigtail works for all OP-900 Indicators, the Tufner equivalent, the BB-8100 Series of indicators and the Transcell TI-500SL. Note: If you have a different model indicator that uses a 4-pin home run cable, you can replace the existing plug with this one and use a more standard 5-pin home run cable.
Instructions to replace this part:
1. Turn off indicator and disconnect the A/C adapter and the home run cable.
2. Unscrew the perimeter screws around the exterior of your indicator and open the back. BE CAREFUL OF THE BATTERY WIRE. It is a very short wire and will be fully taught when you open the back.
3. Disconnect the battery, either by unplugging the slot-connectors from the battery or by unscrewing the wires where they are attached to the motherboard. This will allow you to fully remove the back cover.
4. Use an eyeglasses screwdriver to disconnect the five colored wires that connect to the existing plug from the load cell port on the motherboard.
5. Use a needle nose pliers to loosen the ring nut that holds in the existing plug. This can be tedious.
6. Replace the existing plug with the new one.
7. Wire the colored wires to the load cell port as follows:
Red - E+
Blk - E-
Yel - SHLD
Grn - Sig +
Wht - Sig -
8. Reassemble the indicator and test.